Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Trevor update....

So if you read the blog below about Trevor having some issues sleeping in his bed and Simon seemingly helping him thru his first night, and my other blogs about this being a summer goal last year - then you know my struggles. Well Simon did the trick. Who knew a guinea pig would help a chronic co-sleeping child to all of a sudden sleep in his bed EVERY NIGHT SINCE!!!!!! Last goal COMPLETE!!! Let's just say Momma and Daddy are happy to have our bed back (don't get dirty thoughts folks!)

Trevor's 4 now! He had a rockin birthday party at our neighborhood clubhouse and pool! I was fortunate to still have my ties to get some instruments and such from Trevor's school (to borrow) and a brother in law that has band equipment....so we set up a stage like presence with real mics, speakers, instruments (pretend),colored light disco ball and ROCK music! The kids LOVED it!!! I have to admit - it was cool! I think I have a little obsession with my son's birthday parties....you may see me one day on that TLC show "Extravagant Kids Parties" (or something like that!!!) Oh dear God - don't let my kid end up on "My Sweet Sixteen!" on MTV!!!!

For summer Trevor spent one month in Summer Care and one month with my mom and dad in Houston! That's right - he was away for 3 weeks!!! It was nice to have quiet and do things without hearing a whine, cry or shrill! By week 2.5 I was getting sad...having moments of depression, but I made it through with phone calls and skype! Meanwhile, Trevor was living it up - being spoiled rotten - playing Wii, watching movies, eating do-nuts, and swimming every day! Some of his memorable quotes
"Popo has fur under his arms." My mom:"Your daddy has more fur than Popo." Trevor: "But Daddy's is brown!"
"When my mommy goes to work and my dad goes to work, I don't have a family." :(

With all of Trevor's swimming practice he became a fish! He learned to dive down to the bottom on his own, swim a distance where taking a breathe is needed, and how to cannonball! He is fearless now and we have to watch him like crazy around water!

Oh and we went to Seaworld for his birthday too!!! What a blast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment