Thursday, August 18, 2011

Daycare vs Early Education

So I just went a little psycho on a blog I am following. The blogger (a new mom and news anchor for our city) has recently placed her child in a "daycare." Those are her words - not mine! She's been apprehensive about it and wanted feedback about a question she had....so like 23 comments were made and almost all the ones who commented as Child care educators even referred to themselves as "daycare workers."

So I ranted..... this is one of my biggest PET PEEVES in reference to my profession. When you ask some to describe a daycare, many make it sound like glorified babysitting. No one really talks about curriculum or teachers.... I am hoping this stigma will change and I think many people's vision of "daycare" has. To me if your child is receiving educational care by a person who have degrees, been educated or experienced in the field then it is not "daycare" - it is Early Learning Centers or Child Development centers or Early education programs......those people teaching and caring for your child are TEACHERS!!!!!!!

UGH!!!! Please do not refer to a place as "daycare" unless it truly is DAY CARE.... I work in one of the MOST important fields; we help shape and mold today's youth - before they get to elementary school; we are their second home, second parent, second family; WE ARE TEACHERS WHO PROVIDE EARLY EDUCATION AND CARE!!!!!!!! Please speak it proud!

My child attends a Child Development Center and I LOVE his TEACHERS!!!! I could only wish that one day - those TEACHERS would get paid something anywhere near to what they deserve....

Ok rant done!

No comments:

Post a Comment