Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Guardian Angel



I Live On - Unknown

Don't cry for me in sadness; don't weep for me in sorrow,
For I will be beside you, as sure as comes tomorrow.
My body has gone but my spirit lives on, as does my love for you.
Just as in life. I'll watch over you, I always will be true.
My blood lives on in my children, how I've watched them grow up with pride.
I'll live on within them, always by their side.
I know my jokes weren't always funny and jobs weren't always done.
Just try and always remember the good times, the days when we had fun.
Reach out if you need me, for I will always be near.
Just talk to me, as if I am there, I promise I will hear.
For I'll live on, with in your mind, we'll never be apart,
As long as you keep my memory, deep within your heart.
So lift up your hearts, don't be sad, my spirit hasn't gone.
While your still there, so am I, I really will live on

I heard this the other day on one of our favorite shows -- The Young and the Restless :)  They read it at Katherine Chancellor's memorial (for those who don't follow: the lady who played this character - Jeanne Cooper passed away recently and they finally "killed" the character off as well.)  They spoke about her being so iconic and unforgettable; so stubborn and outspoken; so loved and cherished. I think she is a lot like my Grandma.

It will be 5 years in a few days.  5 years since I lost someone so dear to my heart. Someone who always stood by me.  She was the one I knew was always "on my side."  I miss her back scratches as I leaned up against her rocker and we watched Wheel of Fortune; I miss her smile when I told her something funny; I miss her ..... Some days I cry just watching a commercial or listening to a song.  Some days I just look at Trevor and tear up because he doesn't get to experience her in person.  I try to tell him about her, how much she loved him, how she watches him from heaven.

I know that she is watching down; our own guardian angel, but ...... some days are just sad.  Some days I just miss her. So I read this poem, to help remind me that she is always right there - whenever I need her.

No comments:

Post a Comment