Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Card blues

So I have a gripe! Each year there are two times to really look forward to opening up your mailbox (cause any other time you just get bills!) --- that's your birthday and Christmas!

I look forward to getting those photo cards, year-end letters, and even the few hand written ones people still do! It helps me connect to those I only hear from maybe once a year; to see how big their kids have gotten; and what they've been up to all year!

To those of you who sent one! I loved it! THANK YOU!!!!! I hope you received mine! I take it very seriously and pine over which photos I include, how it looks and be sure that it's a bit different than last year's.

YES, yes ... I know that some people never send cards, but come on now! Have our lives seriously gotten that busy that we have lost the touch of physical communication. I guess I should consider the FB posts to my wall or the mass texts sent as my Holiday wishes from some of you. But I refuse!!!!!!

That's right I am stomping my feet, fists in the air, yelling I REFUSE!!!!! I am so bummed that out of the 45 cards I sent..... I recieved 10! (one doubled as a birth announcement for their child from June!) I was gone for 3 "mail days" and received none!!!!

So - where has our life taken us? As I have mentioned to Family and Friends; soon we will all be walking around - clueless of things and people around us - as we carry those i-pads and do all our communicating thru a computer. Hell I'm doing it right now and not that I am against this new age of communication - heck I talk to more relatives on FB than ever before -

but all I ask is once or twice a year (keep Hallmark/shutterfly/post office employed). Send a holiday card - especially to someone who takes time to send one to you!

2 comments:

  1. *SIGH* Fine. Can I make up with a post-holiday, happy 2011 card to everyone??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Trish....Thanks for the NEw Year's card --- it is adorable!!! luvs

    ReplyDelete